The North American Passive House Network (NAPHN) fosters an open Passive House community with the mission to support advocacy member organisations to promote, advocate and mobilise the building industries of North America to implement the international Passive House Standard and improve the quality and sustainability of the built environment. The intent of the organisation is to maintain a small footprint and minimise any potential financial demands on member groups.
Activities of NAPHN:
- Creation of a central website that directs visitors to local regional member organisations.
- Providing a centralised sharing portal of resources created by regional groups and made available to all others.
- Provide a central calendar to help coordinate & publicise regional events and trainings.
- Coordination of a regular NAPHN conference.
- Promotion and help facilitate the work of Passive House advocates and practitioners of member organisations including their regional conferences.
- Cooperation with building science, green building, educational and other organisations with shared interests.
- Advocate for Passive House at regional, national and continental levels.
- Support of advocacy efforts with member organisations and the Passive House Institute.
- Promotion of Passive House training in North America.
- Promotion of Passive House certifications in North America.
- Advocacy to governments and related non-profit organisations (NGOs).
- Advocacy into regions not represented by member organisations.
For further information please visit the NAPHN website at the link provided below.