This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 748425
Rhodoshop projects is an initiative of 6 pioneering municipalities from the Rhodope Region (Banite, Devin, Zlatograd, Nedelino, Smolyan and Chepelare) aiming to assist the local authorities in building technical, economic, legal and administrative expertise for energy efficiency measures by creation of One-stop-shop for investment projects implementation.
The main focus of the initiative is a pilot programme for financing sustainable energy projects in Rhodope Region by the creation of a structure to play the role of a central procurement agency on behalf of the local authorities, in order to undertake measures for public building and street lighting refurbishment.
The initiative is an innovative financial model for Bulgaria and for Rhodope region as it replicates the One-Stop-Shop concept for energy efficiency financing through providing necessary investments and project bundling and aggregation.
The Rhodoshop model is replicable in other Bulgarian regions as well as at European level thus contributing to increase of investments in public building and street lighting refurbishment and for local job creation.
The team of Rhodoshop one-stop-shop consist of local experts with qualifications and experience in projects of public authorities (municipal and regional) who work in close cooperation with the six pilot municipalities for successful implementation of foreseen investments and energy savings.
The main activities within the project are:
- Increase the capacities, skills and knowledge of Rhodope local authorities by creating of Rhodoshop – a One-Stop-Shop for energy efficiency initiatives in the Region;
- Develop a pipeline of sustainable energy investment projects allowing for project aggregation and financing solutions minimising transaction costs.
- Identification of suitable financing solutions for realization of energy savings in Rhodope Region (EPC, Energy efficiency funds, bank loans, national funding sources, etc.).
- Launch concrete sustainable investment projects in Rhodope municipalities in buildings and street lighting systems;
- Ensure long-term impacts of the Rhodoshop efforts after the life-time of the project by engaging in a dissemination programme within Bulgaria and within EU for project results multiplication.
- United States American Agency for International Development
- Foundation of Local Government Reform
- National Association of Municipalities in the Republic of Bulgaria
- Association of European Border Regions (AEBR)
- Euro-Bulgarian Cultural Centre - Sofia
- Border Region 'Delta-Rhodopi' (Greece)
- Local Association of Communities and Municipalities-prefecture of Xanthi
- Club 'Economica-2000' - Sofia
Start date: 1 September 2017 - End date: 31 August 2021