Thursday 8 April 2021, 09:00-10:30 CET
The Air Infitration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC) in collaboration with IEA EBC Annex 86 are organizing a workshop consisting of a series of three webinars on:
- April 1st, 2021 (17:00-18:30 CET): Building ventilation: How does it affect SARS-CoV-2 transmission? (Register now)
- April 8th, 2021 (09:00-10:30 CET): IAQ and Ventilation Metrics (Register now)
- April 13th, 2021 (17:00-18:30 CET): Big data, IAQ and ventilation (Register now)
This webinar, will discuss the road towards a robust comprehensive IAQ metric for the assessment of the performance of ventilation.
It sets the starting stage for subtask 1 of the new IEA EBC Annex 86 ‘energy efficient IAQ management in residential buildings.
After a short introduction, the three speakers will first look at the open issues that remain after the work in Annex 68.
Then explore methodological updates, future potential and limitations for the DALY method included in the suite of metrics proposed by that annex and finally discuss the newly proposed TAIL rating scheme.
After all this, there will be time for discussion and input for future work.
This webinar is organized by the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (https://www.aivc.org/) & the IEA EBC Annex 86 “Energy Efficient Indoor Air Quality Management in Residential Buildings” (https://annex86.iea-ebc.org/). The webinar is facilitated by INIVE (http://www.inive.org/).
- 09:00 | Introduction, Jelle Laverge – EBC Annex 86 Operating Agent, Ghent University, Belgium
- 09:10 | Annex 68 IAQ metrics: what was proposed, what works, what not, what are the remaining questions? Marc Abadie – University of La Rochelle, France
- 09:30 | DALY as an integrated IAQ metric: methodological updates, Benjamin Jones – University of Nottingham, UK
- 09:50 | TAIL a new rating scheme of indoor environmental quality, Pawel Wargocki – DTU, Denmark
- 10:10 | Questions and Answers
- 10:30 | Closing & End of webinar
Participation to the webinar is free but requires you to REGISTER for the event.
For further information please download the flyer.