This Sustainable Energy Finance and Investment Summit Croatia 2013 aims to identify ways of financing energy projects, especially energy efficiency and renewable energy as well as addressing issues related to the Croatian accession to the European Union (which includes the use of Structural and Cohesion Fund opportunities). The Conference will highlight the importance of investment and regional co-operation to promote energy efficiency.
Special attention will be given to all operational programs relating to energy and the environment and available funding sources as well as to the presentation of best praxis projects from Croatia and a wider region. At the end of the conference - an expert forum on Energy poverty and excursions to implemented renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
- Energy projects financing schemes
- Networking and cooperation between business sector and the decision makers (national/regional/local)
- Credit lines and specialized funds for RES/RUE projects (EIB, EBRD, CEB, KfW, Green for growth SEE fund, WEBSEDFF, ORF, FZOEU, HBOR)
- European ESCO markets
- Financing sustainable energy projects through Structural/Cohesion fund
- JESSICA, EEE-F– Innovative financial instruments in EU cohesion policy
Of particular relevance to BUILD UP is the The ZagEE project which will be presented at the conference. This project will include two kinds of investments in the City of Zagreb: refurbishment of public buildings and public lighting. The refurbishment of public buildings will include standard energy efficiency renovation measures but also the installation of renewable energy sources (solar panels and collectors) on the very same buildings. Modernisation of public lighting will be first project of such size in Croatia which will feature LED lamps with regulation during late night hours.