Calabria Region and iiSBE Italia are pleased to announce the SBE19 conference, to be held on May 16-17, 2019 in Scilla, Italy
The objective of SBE19 Scilla is focused on policies, programs and action plans targeted to improve the sustainability of the built environment.
The conference will address policies at all levels, from EU to cities. Attention will be given to the integration of assessment systems in policies and in the decision-making processes of public authorities. The use of assessment systems in green public procurement (GPP), funding programs, regulations, urban plans, incentive-based policies will be debated. Strategies for the harmonization of public assessment systems at building, urban and territorial levels will be also discussed.
Thematic sessions will be organized in cooperation with international organizations on:
- Planning and managing sustainable Mediterranean cities
- Architecture, energy efficiency and housing in the framework of Urban Agenda for the EU
- Built environment and climate changes in the Mediterranean
The conference is organized under auspices of international conveners CIB, iiSBE, UN Environment and FIDIC and belongs to the Sustainable Built Environment regional conference series leading towards World Conference SBE20 Gothenburg.
- Assessment methods and tools at neighborhood,city and territorial scale
- Policies, programs, regulations and standards;
- Cost, financing and taxation approaches for high performance;
- Economic and social externalities;
- Training and education to promote adoption of sustainable approaches;
- Sustainable neighborhoods and cities: case studies
- Building design and operation in warm climates