The Zagreb Energy Week, which will be held from 8 to 13 May 2017 in Zagreb, Croatia, presents a complex mosaic of a whole range of activities with the aim of including all generations and stakeholders in a long-term fight against climate change. The event's message “Development we don’t want to stop, but pollution we can!” calls upon joint action in implementing projects for sustainable urban development and the preservation of natural resources for future generations.
The Energy Week provides a unique opportunity to the citizens of Zagreb, Croatia and the wider European region to learn more about the models and ways of achieving significant energy and financial savings, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and the harmful impact on the environment. Numerous activities of the Zagreb Energy Week aim to raise the environmental awareness of citizens and stakeholders concerning the need to protect the climate and the environment and use energy and natural resources in a rational manner.
The Zagreb Energy Week 2017 contains in its programme a number of international conferences, expert meetings, open door days, seminars, classes and workshops that deal with key subjects of energy and environment.
The event's programme includes, among others, the following:
- Zagreb University – Expert forum – „We have the solutions – visions of new generations for green development“
- VIII. Green Day of the Croatian Chamber of Architects
- Seminar of the Croatian chamber of mechanical engineers and the Croatian chamber of electrical engineers
- Round table "The importance of transversal skills for green jobs and green economy"
- International conference „ Smart energy solutions for sustainable development“
- Education LEED v4 Building Design and Construction (BD+C) Rating System
- Conference: Role of the business sector in the process of sustainable energy development realisation“
- FosterREG Project Final Conference
- 6th meeting of the National qualification platform for continuous training of construction workers in energy efficiency - CROSKILLS project
For further information, please visit the event's website (available in English and Croatian) at the links below.