The Building Commissioning Association (BCxA) is an international non-profit organization that serves as the recognized authority and resource on commissioning. Our membership is made up of professionals from the commercial building industry, committed to the highest standards and practices for the commissioning process.
BCxA's mission is to guide the building commissioning industry by advancing best practices and education throughout the building industry, and promoting the benefits of building commissioning to achieve buildings that work. The BCxA supports certification programs that set a high bar for the commissioning professionals who manage the total building commissioning process.
The BCxA is education-driven and responsive to industry needs, aiming to:
- Develop and advance technical resources for commissioning professionals
- Form collaborative relationships with other organizations serving the built environment
- Influence standards, policies and codes that support high performance buildings
- Deliver the longest-running annual conference on building commissioning and innovations in our industry
- Endorse certification programs that set the highest industry standards for credentialed commissioning professionals
In BCxA's Resources page, you can find useful information and tools on Best Practices.
The BCxA has implemented a strategy to ensure appropriate and effective evaluation and recommendations for all commissioning standards and guidelines at all levels. Recognizing that each project may require a different approach depending on circumstances, the BCxA emphasises that Best Practice procedures show the way, but should not be considered mandates.