This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 747331.
FALCO main objective is to further develop and pilot financing solutions and accompanying (policy) measures in support of local climate action plans in Flanders. This unique combination of financing & accompanying measures will lift existing financial & non-financial barriers and will unlock a sustainable energy investments potential that has been left untapped until now.
FALCO is aimed at the heart of the funding question. It focuses on bridging the gap between plan and reality by bringing about financial solutions that will fuel ambitious local climate action plans. We will build on the state of the art on financing solutions and will integrate this knowledge in an overall financing concept for local climate action plans, which has been developed for the Flemish cities of Antwerp and Ghent and tested at the theoretical-conceptual level but not yet implemented on the ground.
Identified financing solutions will be tested in real life throughout the FALCO project, by funding a project volume of at least 17 Million euros, split into three main categories: energy renovation of public buildings, energy renovation of private buildings and energy efficiency investments for SME’s.
• Develop the theoretical FLC solution into a fully operational financial solution (WP2);
• Develop a project portfolio (ca. 50 mio €) w.r.t. energy efficiency in SMEs and energy renovation of public and private buildings (WP3);
• Have an independent party due diligence validate the proposed financial solution and project portfolio (WP4);
• Contract investments for at ca. 17.6 mio € resulting in an estimated 27.7 GWh primary energy savings and the creation of 250 sustainable jobs (WP5);
• Monitor the investments and document lessons learnt (WP6);
• Disseminate the results in Flanders and in the EU, investigate its replication in other EU member states /regions (WP7).
- SUSTAINABLE MARKETS CONSULTING
- FACTOR 4 BVBA
- CLIMATE ALLIANCE - KLIMA-BUENDNIS - ALIANZA DEL CLIMA e.V.
- STAD GENT
- STAD ANTWERPEN
- PROVINCIEBESTUUR WEST-VLAANDEREN
Start date: 1 September 2021 - End date: 31 August 2024