This is a three-year JPI Urban Europe Innoviris project on reducing household energy consumption.
The objetive of the project is to provide communities with the technology and support to help reduce energy consumption in their homes and to investigate ways in which communities can work towards more sustainable life styles. It is an ongoing three year project with pilot studies in Brussels (Belgium), Amsterdam (Neteherlands) and Bergen (Norway).
Aim: “Reduce electricity consumption in households through community participation and technological solutions”:
- Electricity meters (smart meters)
- Home energy management system (HEMS)
- Electricity consumption (production) data analysis
- Engagement and active participation
- 3 Pilots: Bergen, Brussels and Amsterdam
- Local authorities, electricity providers and citizens