The Horizon 2020 funded project PUBLENEF (Support PUBLic Authorities for Implementing Energy Efficiency Policies) aims to assist European Union Member States in implementing effective and efficient sustainable energy policies (with the focus on energy efficiency) and empower them to make use of the best practices and policy processes implemented in other Member States at the national, regional and/or local level.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
- assess and learn from existing Energy Efficiency (EE) policy implementation practices in EU member states, regions and cities;
- strengthen networking opportunities for public agencies on the national, regional and local level; and
- develop and adjust tools for public agencies to help them implement Energy Efficiency policies.
The target audience of PUBLENEF consists of national, regional and local authorities, policy implementation bodies, networks of local and regional authorities, and market actors and bodies participating in EE policies.
The overall approach of the project in order to fulfil these objectives is to:
- identify the needs from national, regional and local authorities for the implementation of EE policies;
- collect the best practices and tools for overcoming these needs and replicate them to various MS, regions and municipal authorities;
- develop roadmaps and enhance the process of successful implementation of policies; and
- build and strengthen existing networks of policy makers enabling the knowledge exchange from national to regional to local level in EE policy.
To find out more visit the project's website at the link provided below.
Project duration: 2016-02-01 to 2019-01-31