Objective HK BESTCOM:
The objective of the HKGBC Benchmarking and Energy Saving Tool - Commercial Buildings (Office/Retail) is to promote better energy performance for commercial buildings by:
- Providing an online tool for the building owners to measure and compare their energy consumption to their market peers and to identify potential energy improvement measures to enhance performance;
- Giving an appropriate class of recognition to which have achieved outstanding energy performance amongst their market peers while accounting for variations in energy consumption across different building types through the issuance of Certificate and Label.
HK BESTCOM offers
- Free Benchmarking Tool
- Free for general public
- Rate the general energy performance of commercial buildings
- Recognition Scheme
- Provide detailed assessment of building energy performance by Authorised Assessor
- Obtain specific energy efficiency improvement recommendations via “What-If” assessment
- “What-If” assessment provides building owners with quantified improvement estimations in different aspects of building operational performance, revealing potential reduction in operation cost
- Award of certificate based on building energy performance
The HKGBC Benchmarking and Energy Saving Tool - Office Occupants (BESTOO) was developed by Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC), aiming to promote energy efficiency for multi-tenant office buildings.
There are two types of online assessment tools under BESTOO:
- Free Benchmarking Tool - To assess the general energy efficiency performance of a building free of charge
- Benchmarking and Energy Saving Tool (BEST)
To sign up for BESTOO, conduct a more detailed assessment and obtain specific recommendations for improving the energy efficiency performance of a building
The assessment adopts a two-step approach, which takes 18 months to complete.
Objectives of BESTOO
BESTOO provides independent and professional recognition to office premises, which have achieved an outstanding level of energy efficiency performance among their counterparts. An Energy Performance Certificate and Label will be awarded to the eligible buildings, which will be categorised into five ratings according to the level of energy efficiency performance achieved.
Office occupants interested in applying for an Energy Performance Certificate and Label can submit an application for BEST as follows:-
1. Use the Free Benchmarking Tool to assess the general energy efficiency performance of a building free of charge
2. Engage an Authorised Assessor (AA) to conduct an independent verification for a building
3. Create an account and submit the building information
4. Make an payment to HKGBC
5. Pass the information to AA for conducting an independent verification
6. Submit the verified information to HKGBC for submitting an application
We hope you enjoy using BESTOO and join hands to make Hong Kong a more sustainable city.
Tenant premises in a multi-tenant office building with its own individual electric meter installed by utility company.
Premises used for office operation only.
The following buildings are NOT considered as eligible premises:-
- Data centre
- 24-hour operation office
- Classroom & training office
- Office with server room area >10% of total floor area