Sustainability is high on the global agenda and climate programmes require sustainable building in order to reduce CO2 emissions and save fossil fuels. Municipalities, housing corporations and other building administrators are seeking possibilities to make their existing properties more sustainable and energy efficient.
The international conference on energy efficient renovation in residential building sector will provide a good opportunity to receive the most relevant and recent information.
The first day of the programme is concentrated on five important issues:
1. Financial opportunities for energy efficient renovation projects
2. Energy policy making on local level
3. Technologies and innovations for reducing energy use & integrating renewable energies in an urban environment
4. User behaviour, social issues and communication with residents – key to success
5. Elements of success/lessons learnt
The second day will take a deep look into best practice projects through interactive workshops. In the afternoon we will visit two sites, the Faluhaz renovation project (part of STACCATO) where 50% energy and CO2 reduction were achieved, and the REC Conference Center a building which aims for zero emission.
More information and registration available soon at: www.concerto-staccato.eu