Focusing on energy consumption and indoor thermal climate the following topics have been investigated:
• Light and Heavy floor heating system
• Insulation thickness in the floor construction
• Linear thermal transmittance at foundation/floor construction
• Control of the floor heating system
Supply temperature controlled by the outdoor temperature
Night lowering of the room temperature
Start/stop difference (Dead band)
• Room temperature and energy consumption
• Floor coverings
• Bath rooms with floor heating
The work have been done using the simulation tool FHSim /1/.
In this project a new model of a floor heating construction was built in FHSim /2/, as a part of a PhD.-project. With this model it is possible with FHSim to simulate the 2-dimensional heat flux at the connection between the foundation and floor construction. The programme FHSim is described in chapter 4.