Building Technologies Accelerator (BTA) is a programme by EIT Climate-KIC: the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a zero carbon economy.
BTA has addressed the Building sector specialists’ need of a perspective on national markets by delivering Building Market Briefs, which are condensed reports per country and based on a unique methodology. The first issued BMB gives unique insights on the Swiss building market; national Reports will be drafted also for France, United Kingdom, The Netherlands and Germany.
The Building Market Reports collect and generate insights on the building sector to foster low-carbon investment and scaling by generating an in-depth market study through reports. In 50 pages the reports profile a single country-building sector.
The content is methodologically aligned, enabling comparison between markets and includes:
- a summary of key national framing conditions and major trends – carbon targets, legal frameworks, financial support instruments, investment rates;
- a market size and building stock morphology – building typology characterization and building sector stakeholders breakdown;
- the potential market size generated through by transformation of the building sector according to national carbon targets to 2050;
- insights into key market stakeholder groups’ perceived barriers towards action, decision criteria and needs, based on survey results;
- local market experts’ comments on the content, targeted recommendations, and identified business opportunities;
- a quantitative Indicator Factsheet and a qualitative Executive Market Summary is also provided, offering a synthesis of indicators, key findings and targeted recommendation extracted from the brief;
- benefits per customer segment.
Report is available at https://bta.climate-kic.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/171123-CK-BTA-DEF-BMB_SWITZERLAND_.pdf.