IEA-EBC Annex 61: Business and Technical Concepts for Deep Energy Retrofit of Public Buildings
The Executive Committee of the International Energy Agency Energy in Buildings and Communities programme (IEA EBC) approved the “IEA- EBC Annex 61: Business and Technical Concepts for Deep Energy Retrofit of Public Buildings” in 2012. The project will run till 2017.
The project’s objectives are to:
- provide a framework and selected tools and guidelines to significantly reduce energy use (by more than 50%) and improve indoor environment quality in government and public buildings and building communities undergoing renovation;
- gather and, in some cases research, develop, and demonstrate innovative and highly effective bundled packages of Energy Conservation Measures(ECM)s for selected building types and climatic conditions;
- develop and demonstrate innovative, highly resource-efficient business models for retrofitting / refurbishing buildings and community systems using appropriate combinations of public and private funding such as Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC)s and other concepts to be developed together with the building owners;
- support decision makers in evaluating the efficiency, risks, financial attractiveness, and contractual and tendering options conforming to existing national legal frameworks;
- engage end users, mainly building owners and other market partners in the proceedings and work of the project.
For more information, please visit the project’s website at the link provided below.