The Modelica Buildings library is a free open-source library with dynamic simulation models for building and district energy and control systems. The library contains models for:
- HVAC systems,
- heat transfer among rooms and the outside,
- multizone airflow, including natural ventilation and contaminant transport,
- single-zone computational fluid dynamics coupled to heat transfer and HVAC systems,
- data-driven load prediction for demand response applications, and
- electrical DC and AC systems with two- or three-phases that can be balanced and unbalanced.
The primary use of the library is for flexible and fast modeling to accelerate innovation leading to cost-effective very low energy systems for new and existing buildings. The library is particularly suited for
- rapid prototyping of new building systems,
- design and analysis of non-conventional energy and control systems,
- analysis of the operation of existing building systems,
- development, specification, verification and deployment of building controls within a model-based design process, and
- reuse of models during operation for functional testing, for verification of control sequences, for energy-minimizing controls, fault detection and diagnostics.