The headquarter of the insurance company Allianz Elementar Versicherung AG in Vienna has been built between 1970 and 1979. The building has a gross floor area of about 37,600 m². Between 2004 and 2008 a broad range of measures has been taken to enhance the energy efficiency of the building.
Measures that would affect the building envelope could not be implemented because the building is rented. Measures concerning the building services included:
- Replacement of old boilers with new condensing boilers
- Refurbishment of the central BMS
- Exchange of old office equipment
- Replacement of old lighting and lighting regulation
- Refurbishment of A/C system (air washer, heating and cooling grill)
Moreover the company tries to reduce their environmental impact by waste management, reduction of travelling and paper use, integration of energy saving objectives in the development of new insurance products and involvement of the employees in their projects.