The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.

When do I need to have a building certificate?

Share this Post:

According to the §6a article (2) of the Energy Management Act (406/2000 Coll.) each builder, building owner or association of owners of the apartments are obliged to certify by building certificate that a

a) new constructed building or

b) large existing building (over 1 000 m2) under major renovation

meets minimal energy requirements on energy performance. Buildings which are rented or sold are obliged to present a building certificate only in case of a) or b) as above. The building certificate is valid for 10 years.

Author: Jan PEJTER (Enviros)
Date:   28/11/07