BUILD UP webinar series: Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of EPBD
This webinar took place on the 6th September, 12.00 to 13.30
Webinar 7 – Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (1) Introduction and overarching calculation procedures (12h00 – 13h30 – 6th October 2020)
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD (see the list below), an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations)
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
The topics of all seminars in this second series (7 - 10) are listed further on.
This 7th webinar will provide a general introduction of the example calculations, first example calculations, plus specific examples on the overarching EPB standard, EN ISO 52000-1.
Programme of the 7th webinar (approximate timings):
12h00 – 12h05 – General introduction by the moderator (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
12h05 - 12h20 – The examples calculations, why and how by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
12h20 - 12h40 – First series of example calculations, on energy needs (EN-ISO 52016) by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
12h40 - 13h00 – The overall energy performance indicator (EN-ISO 52000-1) by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
13h00 - 13h28 – Moderated Q&A
Closing remarks by the moderator
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
This webinar series is jointly organized by BUILD UP and EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).
Overview of the first series of webinars (click to access the programme and recording)
- “Guidance and examples for the EPB standards’ flexibility”,
- “EPB standards overview: why, how, what!”,
- “How to make good use of the outputs of the EPB assessments”,
- "EPB standards hourly vs monthly methods"
- “EPB standards linked to health and wellbeing”,
- “Heating systems in the EPB standards”,
Save the dates!
Overview of the second series of webinars, aiming to further demonstrate the relevance and usability of specific EPB standards by example calculations on buildings and systems.
(all: 12h00-13h30, Brussels time)
- Tuesday, Oct. 6th, 2020 - (1) Introduction and overarching calculation procedures
- Tuesday, Oct. 20th, 2020- (2) Energy needs combined with specific systems
- Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 2020 - (3) Whole building calculations, from components to overall primary energy (to be confirmed)
- Tuesday, Jan. 19th, 2021 - (4) Additional example calculations (provisional title)