Set up in 1974, the QUALITEL Association is an independent, non for profit body, that exists for and promotes the quality of dwelling and the implementation of sustainability in residential buildings, through certification.
QUALITEL has the dual aim of meeting the technical and environmental challenges and to come into action on inhabitants needs, on community’s expectations and on the continuous assessment and improvement of professionals’ dwellings production.
QUALITEL and its subsidiaries companies issue the following certificates:
- Qualitel: technical quality and “running costs” control for new dwellings and student residences.
- Habitat & Environnement (H&E): certifies the environmental quality of new dwellings elderly and dependant persons care homes, and is inspired in the HQE principles.
- NF Logement*, and its environmental option, “HQE method”: it is a quality and services certification of all the new dwellings production of a promoter, integrating environmental requirements.
- NF Maison individuelle* (NF MI) and its environmental option HQE method: quality and services certification of all the production of new houses (detached single-family house) of a constructor
- Patrimoine Habitat: (PH) (Existing dwellings) is an assessment and certification of improvements made by contracting bodies, social lessors, promoters and joint owners relating to the rehabilitation of their property which is over 10 years old.
- Patrimoine Habitat & Environnement (PH&E): (environment & existing dwellings) it is the certification of environmental improvements made by the contracting body, as part of rehabilitation, inspired by the HQE method.