The event on 24 March 2021 has been changed to an online webinar using the MSTeams platform. It will run from 10 am to 12 noon with a slightly reduced content. If you register you will be sent a joining link for the webinar a few days before the event.
As digitalization drives sweeping changes across the construction sector leading to new ‘informed’ ways of working Building Information Modelling (BIM) will enable all workers in the industry to be part of this change.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training event is suitable for anyone working within the construction industry, from designers and architects through to engineers and project managers. Anyone with an interest in BIM can attend as no prior knowledge is required.
- BIM for Small Construction Companies – Context and essentials of BIM, Technological requirements for BIM implementation, BIM model demo
- CPD Policy on BIM (Procurement) – Understand the application and standards of what BIM level 2 compliance involves
- What training is available for BIM – overview of BIM training and identification of skill requirements.
- Andrew Hamilton – Lecturer in Belfast Metropolitan College and experienced Chartered Architect, Andrew is Course Director for the Foundation Degree Science in Architectural Technology and has over 20 years’ experience of CAD combined with professional experience in Architecture and construction. He is actively involved in the development and delivery of BIM and Construction courses.
- Eduardo Rebelo – Lecturer in Belfast Metropolitan College and Experienced Chartered Architect, Eduardo is actively involved in development of curriculum and delivery of BIM, Construction, CAD and Media courses in Belfast Metropolitan College.
- Paul McCormack – Innovation Manager at Belfast Metropolitan College and an engineer and MBA graduate has over 20 years’ experience within global manufacturing engineering, software, renewable energy and environmental industries. Project Coordinator on the innovative BIMCert project and a leading expert in digital transformation.
- FREE to CITB NI registered employers – please have your registration number when booking
- £25 for non-CITB NI registered attendees
CITB NI is both an Industry Training Board and Sector Skills Council. Our role is to work in partnership with the industry improving the skills of those employed or intending to be employed in the industry.
Our vision is to have a construction industry where skills and competence are at the core of every business plan and a training culture where skills are at the heart of each construction company to help improve the productivity of the NI construction industry.
We continue to work closely with industry partners, stakeholders and Government to ensure a qualified and competent industry to ensure growth is sustained over the long term.