The Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy – Europe, H2020 projects C-Track 50 and PentaHelix are joining forces for a unique joint event series for local/regional public authorities and their stakeholders, entitled “GET READY FOR 2050”. Divided in three online sessions, the event series aims to support participants in three central areas: building effective collaboration processes, (successfully) planning for the future, and financing climate and energy plans. Supported by high-level experts and other invited EU initiatives, organisers are offering participants an interesting mix of inspiring presentations and small-group discussions to tackle the main challenges and seize opportunities related to the central themes.
In this third and final session, we will discuss available financing sources and funding schemes for local/regional stakeholders’ sustainable energy projects. We will focus on:
- Public procurement of innovation (PPI)
- Energy Performance Contracts (EPC)
- ELENA Facility (European Local Energy Assistance)
- Energy Communities and Crowd-funding
Different examples will be presented from across Europe and from different sectors (public and private buildings, transport, etc.). Participants will then have the opportunity to ask their questions to the projects’ implementers and to invited experts, including representatives from the European Commission and European Investment Bank.
9:30 – 10:40 CEST Part I – presentations
- Welcome. Hadrien Michel, DG ENER
- Discover the CoM – Europe Financing guide. Mariangela Luceri, Covenant of Mayors – Europe Office.
- Market engagement in public procurement of innovation: the example of Kindergarten Loptica. Denis Premec, Regional Energy Agency North.
- E-FIX Project – Testing innovative financing instruments for energy efficiency in the EU and the Eastern Neighbourhood. Andreas Karner, ConPlusUltra.
- STEPPING Plus – Energy Performance Contracts in Public Buildings. Lisa Sentimenti, AESS Modena.
- Development of mobility points in Riga metropolitan area with ELENA. Liena Krumina, AC Konsultācijas.
- Energy communities as game changer in the European energy market. Silvia Assalini, ICLEI.
10:50 – 12:00 Part II CEST – thematic breakout sessions
- Room 1: Public procurement of innovation
- Hosts: Denis Premec (C-Track 50) and Diego Mattioli (Municipality of Narni, Italy).
- Room 2 – Energy Performance Contracts
- Hosts: Lisa Sentimenti and Silvio De Nigris (STEPPING Plus), Żaneta Latarowska and Jakub Menin (E-Fix).
- Room 3 – ELENA – European Local ENergy Assistance
- Hosts: Aija Zucika (C-Track 50) and Reinhard Six (European Investment Bank).
- Room 4 – Citizen Finance (Energy Communities and Crowdfunding)
- Hosts: Silvia Assalini (DECIDE) and Andreas Karner (E-Fix).