EU energy statistical pocketbook (2018 version) provides energy statistics for all EU countries and the EU as a whole, covering areas including energy production and consumption, socio-economic indicators, and the impact of the energy sector on the environment. You can also find an energy profile for each EU country as well as details of each country's progress towards the EU's 2020 climate and energy targets.
The publication is divided into five parts:
- Part 1. Energy overview at global and EU levels;
- Part 2. Main energy indicators, at EU and Member States levels;
- Part 3. Socio-economic indicators in the EU;
- Part 4. Impact of the energy sector on the environment;
- Part 5. Country profiles – Main energy indicators.
The data contained in this pocketbook is drawn from several sources: from the European Commission’s services, from international organisations such as the European Environment Agency and the International Energy Agency and also from the European Commission’s estimates when other data is unavailable.
Indicators have been calculated using the methodology established by the European Commission – DG Energy. The appendices include a glossary and methodological notes.
The statistical pocketbook 2018 is an EU publication available online.