This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon H2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 774199.
The European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities (EIP-SCC) brings together cities, industry and citizens to improve urban life through more sustainable integrated solutions, including applied innovation, better planning, a more participatory approach, higher energy efficiency, better transport solutions, intelligent use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
IRIS project is strongly committed to actively participate in the 6 ‘Action Clusters’ set by the EIP-SCC's, therefore all of the Action Cluster's objectives are targeted in the project, and the IRIS Lighthouse cities are all active participants in the Action Clusters.
To achieve this, a number of specific objectives have been formulated, as outlined below:
- Demonstrate solutions at district scale integrating smart homes and buildings, smart renewables and closed-loop energy positive districts
- Demonstrate smart energy management and storage solutions targeting Grid flexibility
- Demonstrate integrated urban mobility solutions increasing the use of environmentally-friendly alternative fuels, creating new opportunities for collective mobility and lead to a decreased environmental impact
- Demonstrate the integration of the latest generation ICT solutions with existing city platforms over open and standardized interfaces enabling the exchange of data for the development of new innovative services
- Demonstrate active citizen engagement solutions providing an enabling environment for citizens to participate in co-creation, decision making, planning and problem solving with the Smart Cities
- Put in practice bankable business models over proposed integrated solutions, tested to reduce technical and financial risks for investors guaranteeing replicability at EU scale
- Strengthening the links and active cooperation between cities in a large number of Member States with a large coverage of cities with different size, geography, climate zones and economical situations
- Measure and validate the demonstration results after a 3-years large-scale demonstration at district scale within 3 highly innovative EU cities
- STICHTING BO-EX 91
- KONINKLIJKE KPN NV
- STEDIN NETBEHEER BV
- PARKHUIS LOMBOK
- ENECO ZAKELIJK BV
- QBUZZ B.V.
Start date: 1 October 2017 - End date: 30 September 2022